Magnedesign corporation (hereafter MDC) was established by Mr. Honkura to develop Magnetics technology and its applications which will contribute to open “Magnetics age in 21 century”
MDC has developed a high sensitive micro magnetic sensor in cooperation with Nagoya University and Toyota Technical Institute and found the new phenomena of GSR effect where GSR means GHz Spin Rotation. Nowadays MDC is challenging to develop super magnetic sensor called as GSR sensor applicable to 3 dimensional Electronics Compass used in smart phone, wearable computer, catheter etc., pT sensor detective the bio-magnetism, current sensor used in automotive and so on.
MDC built own technical center to develop and produce GSR sensor elements by way of trial on April in 2016.
MDC also makes the technical services on Magnetics technology about how to use magnetic materials and how to design magnetic circuit.
- November 24th in 2016: the 4th workshop of super sensitive micro magnetic sensor study group of MSJ (The magnetics Society of Japan)
A presentation titled by “Recent progress of a super sensitive micro magnetic sensor called as GSR sensor”.
- November 8 -11th in 2016: the NMC 2016 (（International Micro processes and Nanotechnology Conference）
A presentation titled by “Fabrication of high sensitive magnetic field sensor with amorphous wire and fine pitch coils”.
- August 24-26th in 2016: the JST fair in 2016 （Japan Sience and Technology Agency Fair）
GSR sensor shown in the document and the panel.
- July 20th in 2016: First trial product of GSR sensor Element was produced in own technical center.
First trial product of GSR sensor Element was produced in own technical center at Navi Shirogane incubation center established by Nagoya city.
The staff of 10 persons are working in our technical center and are making a lot of types of trail elements in cooperation with Nagoya University and Toyota Technical Institute.
- May 23rd in 2016: MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from Aichi Prefecture.
MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from Aichi Prefecture titled by “The development of high sensitive micro current sensor used in Automotive
- April 18th in 2016: MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from NEDO
MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from NEDO titled by “The sample production of electronics compass with magnetic Gyro and their customer evaluations”
- April 8th in 2016: MDC reported the R&D report
MDC reported the R&D report titled by “The development of super small motion sensor using 3 dimensional MI element” to METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry)
- March 31st in 2016: MDC reported the R&D report
MDC reported the R&D report titled by “The development of micro pT sensor detective bio magnetism generating from heart” to Aichi Prefecture.
- April 5th in 2016: GSR sensor developed by MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of IT media.
GSR sensor developed by MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of IT media titled by “The super technology on super sensitive micro magnetic sensor will open new world of wearable technology”
- April 4th in 2016: MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of Chubu Industry News Paper.
MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of Chubu Industry News Paper titled by “MDC developed the new magnetic sensor and challenge the worldwide business”
- March 22nd in 2016: GSR sensor developed by MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of Nikkei Industry News Paper.
GSR sensor developed by MDC was introduced in the newspaper article of Nikkei Industry News Paper titled by “MDC developed 50 times better magnetic sensor performance derived from new principle.
- December 24th in 2015: MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from NEDO
MDC got the notice of determination on R&D subsidy from NEDO titled by “The development of super high sensitive micro magnetic sensor detective to bio magnetism and its business expansion”
- October 29th in 2015: MDC was introduced on the NHK program as NHK International Broadcast
MDC was introduced on the NHK program as NHK International Broadcast titled by “Good Business Chance in Silicon Valley”.
- Introduction of GSR sensor principle
GSR sensor is based on the phenomena that any spins on the wire surface with circular aliment is forced to make spin rotation by GHz pulse producing big voltage proportional to external magnetic field in detective coil. The voltage is proportional to frequency square, coil turn numbers and permeability of magnetic wire.
The developed GSR sensor with 10 times larger coil numbers is driven by GHz pulse changing from MHz pulse of conventional MI sensor and has 100 times better performance compared to conventional MI sensor.
- ntroduction of GSR sensor Product
The performance of trial GSR sensor are controlled within the measuring range of 6G to 100G,and sensitivity of 3mV/G to 400 mV/G by means of the length changed from 0.1mm to 0.9mm based on the 3 dimensional photolithography technology producing 5 μm pitch coil.
- Introduction of the 3 dimensional photolithography technology
Fig.1 shows the principle of GSR sensor produced by the 3 dimensional photolithography technology. The process characterized by drawing the fine wiring on 凹凸 plane which is formed by channels and wires on the Si substrate shown in Fig.2. Most interested technology are one to produce fine wiring on凹凸 plane in Fig. 3 and other one to make aliment of amorphous wire of 10 µm diameter into channels of 7µm depth in Fig.4
- announcement on cooperation
Many co- developments on commercial GSR sensor are carried out with magnetic Gyro- Compass used in wearable motion sensor, pT sensor detective to bio-magnetism, current sensor used in automotive, ultra-micro magnetic sensor used in catheter, high accuracy magnetometer called as nT meter or pT meter, and so on. MDC can offer GSR element and circuit board EVK needed for co-operation.
- Patent and trademark
MDC got 6 patents from Japan Government which are related on GSR sensor principle, the structure of GSR elements, Electronic Circuit of GSR sensor, wire aliment machine, wire heating furnace and magnetic Gyro.
MDC got USA patent on electronic Circuit on GST sensor.
- Capital：57,550,000 yen
- Emploee numbers：15 persons
- Place：head office（TEL 0562-84-1736）
- 33-10 Tousendai Ogawa Higashiura-cho Chita-gun Aichi-ken, Japan
- Place: Honkura R&D center ( TEL 052-872-6111 FAX 052-872-6123）
- 408 Nagoya Business Incubation Shirogane 9-33 2 choume Fukue Showa-ku Nagoya- chi, Japan